Sunday, July 01, 2007

Farewell, Dear Friend


I awoke with a sense of melancholy this morning as last night we bid farewell to Oldest Daughter's dearest friend--today this dear young woman embarks on a journey that will take her to Texas to visit friends and then to NYC, where she will attend college. Joining us for annual camping trips to Wadi Dana, American Thanksgivings, and many other day-to-day adventures our friend has, through the years, become like a sister and a daughter to us. You will be missed! And though we parted with tears, we are excited for you as you begin this new chapter of your life.




A Wayfaring Song


Henry van Dyke

O who will walk a mile with me
Along life's merry way?
A comrade blithe and full of glee
Who dares to laugh out loud and free
And let his frolic fancy play,
Like a happy child, through the flowers gay
That fill the field and fringe the way
Where he walks a mile with me.

And who will walk a mile with me
Along life's weary way?
A friend whose heart has eyes to see
The stars shine out o'er the darkening lea,
And the quiet rest at the end o' the day--
A friend who knows, and dares to say,
The brave, sweet words that cheer the way
Where he walks a mile with me.

With such a comrade, such a friend,
I fain would walk till journey's end,
Through summer sunshine, winter rain,
And then?--Farewell, we shall meet again!

1 comment:

Maida Hairabedian said...

awwww Mrs. Manning... you made my tears go down!!!! :'( YOu are an amazing mum, amazing woman of God. I MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! Thank you for everything you have done for me. I love you so much! YOu are my secound mum, and i will always remember you, and remember the good times we all had at Thanksgiving, oh... and WADI DANA!! GOOD TIMES!!! :D
we all had a BLAST! I love you I love you.. and I MISS YOU! but we will see each other again! ;) thats the best part! :) it makes me happy when i think about that. because life doesnt end here... it keeps going. And thats EXCITING!!! God has amazing plans for me.. and i'm soooo EXCITED.. and nervouse of course. But i know He loves me, so He wont put me down. ;)
Please say Hi to everyone for me... and big hugs to everyone! I LOVE YOU! <3
Take care and God Bless you and your family!!!! :)
Love always
your daughter
Maida
ps. keep praying for me!!! :)