Tuesday, February 17, 2009

That's Amore~The Recipes, Starter Course


~Bruschetta
~

Toast good quality white bread (ciabatta or other) under the oven broiler. I toasted both sides. Watch carefully! (Ask me how I know.) Rub toasted bread with a cut clove of garlic. Cut up some tomatoes (good quality cherry tomatoes work best), add some coarse sea salt (no, no table salt, please), olive oil, and chopped basil Let it sit to accumulate some juices and put it on the toasted bread right before serving. No quantities here. Just add a little, taste a little, and I'm sure it will turn out great. My kids love this and I think we'll be eating it a lot this summer.

~Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette~

Mix in blender, or in a jar if you don't have a blender:

1 clove garlic
2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2-1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon sugar
approximately 15 fresh basil leaves

In a jar, mix the balsamic/basil mixture with 3/4 cup olive oil

No comments: