Friday, January 13, 2012

January~Asphodelus aestivus

I do love to share the beauty of Jordan's wildflowers whenever I have the opportunity so I thought I would post a wildflower each month from the pages of my second Flowering Jordan calendar. The flowers featured each month don't necessarily correspond to the month in which the bloom but sometimes they do. I've been around the countryside just a bit this month and I've noticed some Asphodel stalks preparing to bloom--still a few weeks away, depending on the weather.

I was pretty pleased with this picture of Asphodels as I've been challenged to compose a good horizontal image (needed for the calendar) of such an obviously vertical bloom. I'd been looking for just the right grouping of lilies for awhile.

Wildflower-spotting: a vacant lot in west Amman

No comments: