Friday, September 27, 2013

Pumpkin Chai Spice Granola

Everything seems to be coming up pumpkin chai spice flavor these days: cookies, lattes, muffins, cakes, pancakes, etc., etc., so why not granola? As my Banana Date Granola was easily adaptable, I decided to join the pumpkin chai spice bandwagon:

I substituted 2 cups of pumpkin puree -or mashed sweet potatoes for the bananas, about 1 cup boiling water and used about 2/3 cups dried dates to make 3 cups puree. (Put the boiling water and the dates in the blender first and let the dates soften a few minutes before adding the pumpkin puree.)

In addition to the 3 Tablespoons cinnamon I added (approximately):
2 teaspoons cardamom
2 teaspoons cloves
2-3 teaspoons nutmeg
2-3 teaspoons ginger
2-3 teaspoons allspice

I wonder if the pumpkin chai flavor is a female preference? Dear Husband isn't even tempted to try it as long has he has his beloved Banana Date Granola, but Tayta and I really like it.

No comments: