Tuesday, December 02, 2014

A Charming Singer

The white-spectacled bulbuls which frequent the trees in our yards, serenade me throughout the day. Their beautiful, clear songs often draw me to the window and sometimes out the door, beckoning me to observe the creatures who sings so charmingly.

Today I spotted these bulbuls, resting after an brief afternoon concert and cozied up to each other in our pomegranate tree, which is nearly bare of leaves.


I tried to sneak around to the other side of the tree, guessing that they would spy me and fly away, and so they did, only to alight on a nearby olive tree.


This bulbul's white spectacles and bright yellow breast can be seen in this picture.


It spied a few olives on the tip-top branches, missed when Dear Husband and a friend completed the harvest a couple weeks ago...


...and found one within immediate reach. 

No comments: