Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Baby Cashmere

I put the wool needle into my sewing machine for one last cashmere project before my sewing efforts become completely dedicated to sewing squares for Tayta's college quilt.


This baby blanket was made a for a sweet baby boy, welcomed into the world just two weeks ago.



Can you guess the baby's nationality from the colors I chose? Orange was the first color I chose, and the stitching was done in orange.


Here's a hint: Color inspiration from a favorite artist...


Church at Auvers
Vincent Van Gogh


Cafe'-Terrace-on-the-Place-Du-Forum
Vincent Van Gogh


Painter on the Road to Tarascon
Vincent Van Gough

Yes, this blanket was given to a beautiful Dutch newborn this afternoon, at his "coming out" party. Welcome to the world, little one!


Edit: When I asked my Dutch friend which Dutch artist she thought inspired my quilt, I was surprised when she replied, "Mondrain?"


But of course! 

No comments: