Monday, May 18, 2015

Gone Quiltin'

I'm enjoying a flurry of creative projects this month, which have taken up hours of time. I'm not complaining as I find the that I am most energetic and hopeful when I am creating. I've finished 41 of the 48 squares needed for  Tayta's college quilt. I should be able to begin assembling them sometime later this week. Meanwhile, they are laid out on floor of a seldom-used-room of our house.


Besides the quilt, I have been processing my 2016 Wildflowers of Jordan calendar, which was printed last week, and I've been working on creating a line of cards which features images of flowers and other scenes around Jordan. Those will (hopefully) be in market by the end of May. Oh, yes, and Tatya and I are completing our last three weeks of high school education. It is a daily duty to stay focused on the goal!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt! I am sure Tayta will be happy and think of you every time she sees the quilt! Has she decided what she want's to study?This will mark the beginning of something new for your family: the last child away for ceollege!!/ S Susan

Quotidian Life said...

Thank you, Susan. Tayta has already named it her Happy Quilt. She is planning to study nursing and literature.

Holly Newman said...

How beautiful, and what a blessing to your daughter! I love that you said you are most energetic and hopeful when creating. I find that too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Quilt!! Really fitting name!! I hope she will be happy wity her studies, not alway easy to know what to choose!!/S Susan