Monday, April 08, 2013

Wadi Dana~Morning Beauty

I awoke our first morning in Dana, looking forward to my Dana morning routine: Grab some coffee (and a cookie) and head to the outskirts of our campground for some some time alone before the camp breakfast, served at 8:30am.


The dark clouds moved quickly across the campground and I felt confident the sun would soon break through.



I easily found one my familiar perches overlooking Wadi (valley) Dana and settled in to enjoy some time with my Creator in the midst of His majestic creation. Praise spontaneously filled and overflows my heart as I tried to absorb it in all the beauty.

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee...



Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All thy works shall praise thy name in earth, and sky, and sea.


Matthiola


Something in the Umbelliferae (Apiaceae) Family


And here I go again, noticing the the enduring beauty of trees, a contrast the the fleeting beauty of the wildflowers.




Phonecian Juniper

Broom 
Retama raetam


The sun breaks through, just in time for an after-breakfast hike around the rim.

No comments: