Friday, February 03, 2012

February~Cyclamen persicum

February's Flowering Jordan bloom is one of my favorites: the graceful Cyclamen persicum.

Maybe it is the recent rains, the first signs of new wildflower life sprouting up around the country, mostly greens but I am recognizing the leaves of plants which will soon be blooming, or maybe it is the anticipation of the opening of Jordan's first Royal Botanical Gardens. Perhaps its a combination of all these things that have worked together to inspire me to dust off my Flowering Jordan blog, and begin again. This blog is dedicated to featuring the magnificent flora of Jordan as I have enjoyed it, and as I continue to enjoy and learn about it. (The Flowering Jordan link in my sidebar is now active again.)

Wildflower spotting: Wadi 'Is Sir

No comments: